Theme-of-the-Day is a post where we ask readers to leave their summer camp ideas, using the day’s theme, in the comments section. What ideas and suggestions do you have for the Theme of the Day? What game, craft, apparel choice, theme meal, evening activity, special event, song, skit, or anything else would you do at camp if your theme was…
Below are five ideas. Leave your suggestions in the comments area below.
- Decorate the dining hall or other gathering area like a rainforest. Think Rainforest Cafe.
- Play forest sounds (crickets, frogs, birds, drums, etc.) around camp or in the dining hall.
- There is a ton of neat trivia that can be asked to campers during meals, announcements, cabin time, “Stump the Counselor” time, etc.
- Play games like Predetaor and Prey and discuss the relationship of animals in the rainforest. Any game that includes snakes, monkeys or other rainforest animals would be good.
- Hide animal skins in the woods and go for a hike. Ask the campers to try and spot the animals. Discuss the importance of camoflauge and adaptation of rainforest animals. Have an animal handler bring some reptiles or other rainforest animals to camp.