Theme of the Week is a post where we ask readers like you to comment with ideas for a particular theme. What ideas and suggestions do you have? What game, craft, apparel choice, theme meal, evening activity, special event, song, skit, or anything else would you do at camp if your theme was…
Below are my five suggestions. I dare you to do better? Leave your ideas in the comments area below.
- With the theme music from any Indiana Jones movie start off a scavenger hunt or treasure hunt. Scavenger hunts have a lot of appeal because groups can have instant success by finding things on their list right away. With a treasure hunt the “prize” is at the end.
- Instead of having a treasure hunt where groups find one clue after another, at each “check point” the group must perform a task or solve a physical mystery. Think Amazing Race style.
- Geocahing is very popular. Set up a geocahing course.
- Make treasure chests out of shoe boxes or craft sticks.
- Create a treasure hunt where each clue helps solve the mystery of who stole the camp cookies. When each group discovers which counselor it is they get a bag of cookies to share.
Need more ideas? Check out my ebook.